Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Survey Questions

Here are the questions that I asked in my survey to gain more perspectives from people about culture, time perception, community, and running in general. When coming up with these questions I tired to think about the best questions to ask that would provide me with the desired information. 


1. Name

2. What is your running background? What kind of runner do you consider yourself to be? Why did you start? Why do you continue to do it?

3. What do you consider your culture and background to be how do these play a role in running for you?

4. When you are running how do you feel time passes? How is this affected by music, where you run, and who you run with? How does this change when you race and how is this affected by the distance you go?

5. While running how focused are you? What affects this? What do you think about while running?

6. Do you feel a sense of community around other runners? Why or why not? How you relate to others in regards to running? What other communities do you associate yourself with?

7. How do you think running is incorporated into popular culture of today? Are there stereotypes that go along with running?

8. Do you have any other thoughts or opinions in regards to culture, time, and community in regards to running or running in general?

9. Please provide one picture that shows what running means to you or how you perceive running. 


After looking at the results that I got from these questions I think they were the right questions to ask. Not only that but the people asked to complete the survey all had a variety of different backgrounds in running which further supported the variety of results gathered.  

I also realize that the questions that I came up with were very dense and there were many parts to one individual question. I think this was the most complicated part to the people taking the survey because there were so many things to answer and consider when thinking about the questions. The reason for this was the survey website that I used to produce the survey only allowed me to ask 10 questions without having to upgrade and pay for the service. Therefore, I combined related questions to get the best results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment